Pee Wee and Midget Rules
**Regular baseball rules will be followed with the exception of these following MinnDak League rules.**
- Games will be 6 innings. (Pee Wees only: No new inning will be started 2 hours after beginning of game, unless game is tied)
- Must have at least 7 players to start game.
NOTE: If a team has only 8 players, no outs will be taken for the the 9th spot in the batting order. If you have 7 players, 1 out will be taken in the 8th spot of the batting order.
- A player can only play on one team and be on one roster. If a team has fewer than 9 players for a game, the team can be filled with players from a lower division (Example: Transition to Pee Wee) to get the team to 9 players. Taking a player within the same division from the same town that may have a bye that night will not be allowed. The opposing coach must be alerted to the situation for approval.
- 5-run limit per inning for the first 5 innings. No run limit in the 6th inning or extra innings.
- A game shall be called after 4 innings if one team has a 15 run lead.
A game shall be called after 5 innings if one team has a 10 run lead.
- Pee Wee base length will be 60 feet. Midget base length will be 65 feet, but Midget games can be played with 60-foot bases at the discretion of the home team.
- The pitching distance is 46 feet 6 inches for Pee Wees. Pitching distance is 49 feet for Midgets.
- Pee Wees cannot run on a dropped third strike. Pee Wees may also not score by stealing home on a passed ball by the catcher, wild pitch by the pitcher or return throw to any position on the field from the catcher. Anytime a Pee Wee steals a base, the furthest he can advance is 3rd base. The only way a Pee Wee can score a run is a bases loaded walk or hit batsmen, or following the action after a hit ball of an offensive player.Midgets may run on a dropped third strike and steal home according to standard baseball rules.
- No leading off or stealing until after the ball crosses home plate. Pee Wees cannot steal bases during the month of May. After May 31, stealing is allowed for Pee Wees. Stealing is always allowed for Midgets.
- Any runner is out when the runner does not slide or attempt to get around a fielder who has the ball and is waiting to make a tag.
- No bats longer than 33 inches or barrel larger than 2 1/4 inches in diameter.
- Pee Wee cannot be 11 before May 1, 2017
Midgets cannot be 13 before May 1, 2017
***This rule will change to Jan 1, 2018 to align with VFW starting next season.***
- PeeWee & Midget pitchers may throw 3 innings per game. The innings must be consecutive without interruption. One pitch constitutes an inning. During the MinnDak year-end tournament, the innings per game rules remain in place; but in addition to that, a pitcher (Midget or Pee Wee) can only pitch up to 6 innings per day and 9 for the tournament.
- No automatic intentional walks. A batter must receive four pitches to walk.
- All Pee Wee and Midgets team members must bat, bat in order and must play a minimum of 2 innings in the field (tournament games included).
NOTE: If a game ends because of run rule or time limit, the innings played rule will not be considered violated.
- A player must appear in 7 regular season games to be eligible for the tournament. Appeals can be made for extenuating circumstances. Appeals first need to go to the local town rep. If the town rep is unsure of decision, town rep will discuss with league commissioner. Decisions of the town rep and/or commissioner will be communicated to other town reps/coaches.
- The home team will provide the umpires and the baseballs for the regular season.
- Each game must be recorded to the MinnDak website. The home team will be responsible for entering the final score. If there is a discrepancy of final score, league commissioner can be contacted. League commissioner will then contact both coaches to settle discrepancy and update score if necessary.
- No metal cleats.